The purpose of this Wikia is to help you find that citation. WARNING: This Wiki is for amusement purposes and as, perhaps, a starting point. This is a publicly edited Wiki, which means the citations could be in error. Always review the case and the citation itself to determine whether the citation is accurate (and review to ensure it is good law). No legal advice is intended by this Wiki or its editors.
Contributions are welcomed. Primary geekiness requires citation to the quote as part of a judicial opinion for the truth of the matter therein. Merely citing it where it is the res of the dispute (e.g. copyright case over the text itself) is acceptable, but it certainly lacks persuasive value/awesomeness.
Learn more About the Legal Pop Culture Citations Wiki
Describe your topicEdit
Here you will find case precedents for the quote or reference you may be looking for.
References likely needed for compilation:
- "You Can't Handle the Truth"
- "We're Gonna Need a Bigger Boat"
- "If someone asks if you're a god, you say 'yes'"
- "Make him an offer he can't refuse" & other The Godfather
- "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one" & other Star Trek
- "All you need is love"
- "I think this is the start of a beautiful friendship"
- "Let the Wookie win" & other Star Wars
- Gilbert & Sullivan
- Multiple Quotes in: Six West Retail Acquisition, Inc. v. Sony Theatre Mgmt. Corp., 2000 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 2604 (S.D.N.Y. Mar. 8, 2000)
- Your job is to find justice, no matter how hard she tries to hide." Donald Sutherland (older, disbarred lawyer) talking to Matthew McConaughey (protege). A Time to Kill (1996)